Re: How To Handle WebIDs for (X)HTML based Claim Bearing Resources

On 12/29/11 6:26 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> what i can tell from many discussions with customers is that
> people are kind of picky about their uris.
> the "cool uri" meme is often the only thing of interest, no matter
> what technical advantages there are.

What does "Cool URIs" actually mean? It means: > 1 level of indirection
that abstracts you from changes to:

1. data location
2. data representation.

> besides that it would be an "if-then" situation in a spec which
> actually should adhere to the "foreach" principal.

We just need to nail down the implications associated with the thorny
issue of Name/Address disambiguation when using HTTP scheme URIs :-)

> i'd personally rather fix the issue parsing or server-setup wise.

Servers should implement Linked Data axioms if they are Linked Data
Servers. Clients do the same i.e., de-reference names and expect
descriptor resources that are machine and/or human readable.

Kingsley

> @henry : i recommend : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mahabharata_%281989_film%29
>
> wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard

Founder&  CEO