Re: neither FCNS nor FOAFSSL can read a new foaf card (hosted in Azure). RDFa validators at W3C and RDFachecker say its fine...

Just looking at it like that it seems that your card is good.

(Well except that your OpenId is a string, where it should be I think a URI
  ... foaf:openid "http://yorkporc2.blogspot.com/" .
 should be
  ... foaf:openid <http://yorkporc2.blogspot.com/> .
).

Not sure why Talis fails btw.

What is clear about the types of issues you are getting is that our test suites need to help explain
better what is wrong with the profile document, or why profiles could not be fetched, and even
keep a version of what serialisation they end up receiving around for later inspection.

In Clerezza I spent some time putting together such detailed tests for the RDF, which I did not port
to the new foafssl.  Without those types of detailed tests it is difficult to see where the error is. It could
be a cachine error, or it could be a parsing one.

This is why I do recommend that people here get involved with Bergi's work on test suites. It is very
important to have those working if we are not going to be inundated by these types of issues. Ie:
these tests have to be automated.

	Henry