Re: Turtle support for WebID profiles

On 23 Dec 2011, at 10:21, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:

> hi,
>
> am i missing something with this turtle discussion?
>
> if openRDF [1] for example already implemented a parser and writer,
> i assume it is well supported and a common rdf serialization, no?

There’s no question that’s well-supported and common, just whether WebID Verification Agents should be required to understand it.

(I agree with the thread consensus, btw — Turtle as a MUST for consumers is fine — pretty much anything supporting RDFa *and* RDF/XML will already support Turtle. As for whether RDF/XML is deprecated for publishers or not. I don’t think it's necessary to be that explicit — I think “you can produce it in any of these formats, and here’s how” and letting the “market” decide is fine)

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/