Re: Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

On 22 Dec 2011, at 17:55, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 12/22/11 11:32 AM, Jiří Procházka wrote:
>> let the WebID core specification
>> be abstract, based on Linked Data ideal, not requiring specific format,
>> then have a separate specification aimed at interoperability and
>> adoption, specifying restrictions such as
> If you are suggesting the above, then I am in violent agreement with you!

Yes, we had that this summer and nobody on this list did anything then. Jiri do you have
a WebID implementation of any kind?

> There's no harm in having complimentary implementation guides for RDF/XML, RDFa, Microdata, Turtle.
>
> TimBL's design issues note (*original version*) for Linked Data is a classic example of an implementation guide for publishing Linked Data at InterWeb scales, courtesy of AWWW exploitation :-)
>
> Henry: RDF and SPARQL specificity was added retrospectively.

You mean RDF/XML specificity. People here seemed to be quite happy with it
SPARQL is not required. Look at the text it has 2 paragraphs on how you can do the same without SPARQL.

Just a few moments ago you were saying how turtle is great because it has sparql which is like turtle.

Henry