Trace ID:
4756ea77-e76e-4491-9301-02d8f0f01a91

Timestamp:
2011-12-22 13:38:51Z        Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 08:04:39 -0500
From: kidehen@openlinksw.com
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
Subject: Re: WebID+OpenID Proxy Service

    On 12/22/11 7:41 AM, Peter Williams wrote:

         ok there were two bugs. Fixing the first ("server") sounds like
        azure discovery will work better (since its fussy - i.e.
        conforming) about its discovery process. The second bug is that
        OP's response was missing a return field. See last graphic in my
        post delivered by Azure. it MAY explain why 2 ither RPs with
        other coding could not process the response, either. one tiny
        bug fix may sort out all 3 RPs.

    We'll take a look.

        My cert/profile works with fcns, but not with Henry's test
        server (last time I tested) or your test server (tested just
        now). Neither fail gives much indication as the cause. Im
        perfectly happy to post my .p12 file on the web, so anyone can
        retest (locally) with "my" credentials, if its useful.

    Drop a Resource URL and we'll take a look.

        ive been using "works" with FCNS as our gold standard. Perhaps i
        was wrong? I was assuing FCNS has found the right balance
        between ultra-conformance and liberal-parsing, etc, much like
        the tuning of openid delivered by the MyOpenid vendor was
        regarded as ideal - since it maximized interoperability over
        various versions, use of metadata, etc

    Please try our CertGenerator at: http://id.myopenlink.net/certgen .
    Then verify the WebID it produces, then repeat your Azure tests.

    Kingsley