Re: Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

See below...

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2011, at 14:58, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> >
> > Please understand that RDF != Linked Data. It's just one of the options
> for creating and publishing Linked Data.
>
> I think it would be very nice to have a formal spec on what Linked Data
> is. We do have a few for
> RDF.

Yes, please. I understand the RDF-related specifications. And I understand
the general notion of "linked data". I am someone following the WebID
effort, and who is contemplating the costs and benefits of supporting it in
my products at some point.

Unless I see a WebID specification (or a more general "world-wide linked
data specification") for how to support linked data beyond RDF, how can I
estimate the costs and benefits of supporting linked data beyond RDF?

Please understand that "publishing and consuming any and all possible
interpretations of 'linked data'" is probably impossible.

So what are the specific requirements?

-Patrick