Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 08:58:46 -0500
To: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>

Is a WebID verifier supposed to be a Linked Data consumer ?
Is a WebID verifier supposed to be an RDF consumer?

Please understand that RDF != Linked Data. It's just one of the options
for creating and publishing Linked Data.

In addition:

Is a WebID verifier supposed to be an HTTP client?
Is a WebID verifier supposed to be able to leverage HTTP content

Right now, WebID verifiers are very inconsistent re. the above, thus I
encourage we bring clarity to this very important manner.

Remember, if we are going to tout WebID as leveraging Web Architecture,
we have to actually comply with said architecture.

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO