RE: publickey link relation for WebFinger?

 how should I think? Is it possible for an ontology to "inherit" two ontologies? for example, could openlink define an ontology that is a merge of RDFS (maintained by teh foaf project) and webid (maintained by the webid IX)?  As it stands, Im going NOTHING with the webid spec except read it like any IETF spec. Im not consuming it, as a source of rules. Id love to be able to have my RDFS engine point to an openlink URI, and that not only powers the RDFS inferences but also "powers the webid engine". It might also define data URIs (that point to cert blobs). is there anyway to have the ASK query be described (in the webid spec) and for an engine to learn the latest query - much like my RDFS engine learns the latest inference rules (and the openid property/relation)? Id love to be able to say in my profile: look at the openid "extensions" of the webid spec, which teaches the app how to relate the webid URI, to my foaf:openid URI, to a data URI that points at the cert as a cert blob. At that point, I can imagine my foaf card acting as a "modern" certificate store (key ring in the webid spec world), that powers how an advanced browser locates the users private key - in order to engage in SSL client authn. It also powers the openid plugin in my browser (or the websocket application, in the HTML5 era).  Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:54:17 -0500
From: kidehen@openlinksw.com
To: henry.story@bblfish.net
CC: public-xg-webid@w3.org
Subject: Re: publickey link relation for WebFinger?

    On 12/16/11 4:40 PM, Henry Story wrote:

        On 16 Dec 2011, at 22:20, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

           On 12/16/11 3:33 PM,
            Peter Williams wrote:

              Cert refers not to certificate but the certificate
                type... In the ssl spec. Todate, there are 2
                blobs/types: x509 and pgp (see gnu tls libraries for the
                pgp cipher suites)

              If u look at my code, it distinguishes referencing
                the cert type from the x509 cert type specifically.
                Interpreting the context property as x509 required a
                specific cast (which would throw type checking errors if
                infact a pgp cert type was tied to the property).

        Currently we don't use the X509 and PGP classes in the
          WebID specification. They were in the ontology initially to
          help me think about how these pieces related to one another.
          So if you are using them I don't think it is something
          defined.

    Remember, we extended the ontology in our own namespace. My response
    was more to do with reading the ontology and how it describes crytpo
    components. Ditto the separation of x.509 and PGP certs.

                Subtle. But it's the difference between code designed to
                type check as part of the assurance requirements and
                code that is a script parsing strings.

                Sent from my iPhone

            Yes, it's always easier when the ontology and the world is
            defines is readable.

            Others see:

            1. http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fns%2Fauth%2Fcert%23
            -- main Ontology

        I need to update the UML diagram there. It's out of
          date....
        That's another reason to keep things simple btw. Just
          having something as simple as we have, is a lot of work to
          deal with!

    The more accessible and readable material is the easier it becomes
    to spot and fix issues :-)

    Kingsley

        Henry

           2. http://uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fns%2Fauth%2Fcert%23Certificate
            -- Certificate definitions within Ontology .

            Kingsley

                On Dec 16, 2011, at 11:00 AM, "Bob Wyman" <bob@wyman.us>

                wrote:

                  On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 1:20