Re: The SPARQL Query

On 14 Dec 2011, at 11:50, Mischa Tuffield wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Given that the Cert Ontology defines both http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#key and http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/cert#identity  shouldn't the spec  document the two SPARQL queries which would achieve the same thing?
>
> Personally I would have ditched the inverse properties as they just make things more complicated, and I would have stuck with just cert:key. danbri has thoughts on this two given his experiences with the foaf ontology.

cert:identity should be deprecated by now - in fact it is listed as "archaic" in the ontology. So yes, we have decided to go with cert:key ,
because it is easier to go from agent -> key than key-> agent.

the reason is of course also that we only want 1 sparql query, and we don't want people to need a OWL enabled graph with sparql.

Those are things that people will feel very useful as they explore the semweb having started using webid. But there is no need to make in necessary at this point.