Re: a remark on the webid spec

One of the things that drew me to the foaf spec was that the spec itself was machine readable (and added the rules to my rdfs reasoner). It told the semweb story, that is, by living it.

I wish webid spec could also do something similar. For example, it contains a default graph representing the key of test site. The spec tells one how to verify that a site has passed conformance tests, for the current spec version.

I'd love to get the server cert of the test site, note its aia uri, pull the doc and learn the pubkey of ca from the spec. I'd trust the spec doc's own https endpoint using classical ca chains (controlled by few browser/server vendors).

It doesn't seem hard to now do something in the trust chaining arena that either obviates or complements the linked data tree walking that Iso specified for locating authorities, cosigners, or location(s) of status lists (on authorities).

Sent from my iPhone