Re: How can users protect their foaf profile

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:13:44 -0700
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
On 8/31/11 5:11 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 31 August 2011 13:08, Thomas Fritz<fritztho@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> How can users protect their foaf profile so it is not publicly
>> available to everyone.
>> How can this be implemented so, i as the profile owner, can select
>> which data i want to give to the authentication site.
>>
>> In all diagrams there is the assumption that the foaf profile can
>> publicly accessed.
> I think generally this will be the next thing to standardize after the
> WebID spec is finished.
>
> But current details are here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl

Melvin,

This is a RWW matter, I believe. Its progress is getting artificially
stunted within the WebID spec realm. This is why I opened up the RWW
community group [1] which should be able to drive this vital matter
forward with focus.

Links:

1. http://www.w3.org/community/rww/ - Read-Write Web Community Group.

>> ---