Re: interesting approach to authentication in JavaScript

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:16:41 +0200
Cc: WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>

On 31 Aug 2011, at 12:35, Dan Brickley wrote:

> On 29 August 2011 10:13, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> It might be interesting:
>> http://html5.creation.net/webcrypto-api/
>
> Meanwhile, http://www.matasano.com/articles/javascript-cryptography/
> has some criticism of browser-based .js crypto...

Thanks for the link. I was expecting some criticism of this type to surface sooner or later.

I have argued on the identity group that one thing that could be very useful would be client side logout javascript apis to standardise what Firefox and Internet Explorer are doing. That would be secure and simple to implement.

Henry