Re: How can users protect their foaf profile

On 31 Aug 2011, at 12:10, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is currently no easy way to do it. If you really care about the data you store in your foaf file, you could try implementing a system (think ACLs) on the machine where you store it.

It struck me recently that one way to do this, in principle, would be to serve your FOAF resource via HTTPS and request an optional certificate. RPs should then provide the server cert used on the site's servers (so it's known in advance). Then you generate a FOAF document according to whoever is requesting it.

The snag is that a request for 'optionally providing a certificate' seems to be pretty broken in servers and clients alike.

M.

--
Mo McRoberts - Data Analyst - Digital Public Space,
Zone 1.08, BBC Scotland, 40 Pacific Quay, Glasgow G51 1DA,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/