Re: self-signed

From: Jeff Sayre <jeff@sayremedia.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:21:38 -0700
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: "WebID XG" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
> [snip]
>
> For the sake of all our inboxes, can this lengthy discussion be turned
> into discussion of proposed text for a WebID specification?
>
> For example, who can live with:
>
> "A WebID is a URI (IRI, technically). Although the basic operation of
> the protocol is applicable to any URI scheme for which there is some
> practical notion of 'de-reference'[1], initial implementors have found
> most interoperability through using the common http and https
> schemes."

I agree with Dan. We should at least be able to derive an acceptable
description out of this debate. I'm basically satisfied with the above
text for the time being.

BTW, I misrepresented myself in all this back and forth. In my previous
email, I stated that:

> I was the co-founder of a 150-person consulting firm.

Not true. I was the co-founder of a regional database consultancy later
joining a 150-person consulting firm as Director and Partner. I apologize
for the error.

Jeff