Obama moves forward with Internet ID plan

From: Jeff Sayre <jeff@sayremedia.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:36:21 -0700
To: public-xg-webid@w3.org
Here we go. A nationalized Internet ID. Talk about too late, too little,
and too wrong:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20054342-281.html

Should we attempt to contact the US Commerce Department and share the
vision of WebID? They clearly are not up with the times. I doubt we will
get much headway, but perhaps via our local elected Federal officials, we
may be able to gain their attention.

Does anyone have higher-level contacts that might make it possible to set
up a meeting in Washington?

Jeff