Re: self-signed - critical is not the reason

From: Joerg Anders <jan@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:50:55 +0200 (CEST)
To: bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org>
cc: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>, Joe Presbrey <presbrey@gmail.com>, nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011, bergi wrote:

> How was the certificate created? Could you remove the critical flag from
> the extensions step by step until it's working?

I have to disappoint you: It has nothing to do with critical or not. Please
try

    ReinerNovak.p12

     password: RNovak

from

   http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/WEBID/webid.xhtml

it has an  (uncritical)

    X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
     email:r.novak@vodafone.de, URI:http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/obama/Novak#me

The certificate is created with Mozilla Key-Manager AddOn.
And again it works on

   https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

Thus, it can't be totally wrong. Experiences with HannesElmert.p12
show it also works on http://foaf.me

--
J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik