W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-webid@w3.org > April 2011

opera feature request (really easy!)

From: peter williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:38:09 -0700
Message-ID: <SNT143-ds15FE15AA6EBC073D893D9192AD0@phx.gbl>
To: "'Yngve Nysaeter Pettersen'" <yngve@opera.com>
CC: "'WebID XG'" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
I really like opera unite. It allows me to put a file.rdf on my desktop and,
while the browser is running, the resource exists on the web for anyone to
access. This includes my self-hosted foaf profile, edited using notepad!

 

Could we just add the mime type application/rdf+xml (file .rdf) to the
build?

 

I add that mapping by hand, using the download prefs tabs; but adding it by
default would make webid so much easier to deploy. Then, its trivial to
email someone an .rdf attachment, that they saved to a desktop, that is now
on the web.. with the right headers, due to opera unite embedded webserver
doing its normal thing!

 

 

Since I did this, copying the rdf+xml content from http://foaf.me/peter34#me
to http://home.homepw2.operaunite.com/webserver/content/index.rdf, I've got
to figure why uriburner's "webid query" works for the former to enumerate
the pubkeys, but not the latter resource. It's the same content, all using
relative stems!
Received on Thursday, 14 April 2011 04:38:39 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:06:24 UTC