Re: self-signed

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:01:11 +0100
To: Joe Presbrey <presbrey@gmail.com>
CC: Joerg Anders <jan@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>, public-xg-webid@w3.org
Joerg Anders wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Joe Presbrey wrote:
>

>> data.fm works with my WebID at http://presbrey.mit.edu/foaf#presbrey
>>

> Hmm, I get  ssl_error_certificate_unknown_alert
>
>> We openly welcome self-signed certs.
>>
>> I've just reconfirmed my cert with pubkey B2AB30... is self-signed.
>>
>> Would you mind sharing your WebID URL and X509 certificate?
>>

> You can test it with: http://foaf.me/Hans#me
>
> The PKCS12 File is at
>
>   http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/staff/jan/WEBID/webid.xhtml
>
> (ignore the German text, download only HannesElmert.p12)
>
> The password for importing into Firefox is
>
>       HansElmert
>
> BTW: It works on https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId

Joe, Joerg,

If it helps any, I can confirm that the error isn't in the WebID
implementation, it's apache sending back the error message, you can see
it duplicated on: https://a.open.gs/ which does /not/ have any WebID
implementation, it only has apache configured to request the certificate.

Best,

Nathan