RE: Authentication workflow draft.

From: peter williams <home_pw@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:00:19 -0700
To: "'Kingsley Idehen'" <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: "'Andrei Sambra'" <andrei@fcns.eu>, "'WebID XG'" <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
Yes, it's time for a restful web service (supported by https client authn and SSL session management) that takes a base64 encode cert as input, and returns YES/NO

The input parser should assume the worst: strange CRLF or LR or CR, random header text, variable number of dashes, missing final EOL, UTF header bytes, web friendly char sets or ascii - so as to deal with the realty of "PEM encoding"

Another variant would take a cert sha1 fingerprint, rather than the cert.