Re: WebIDauth - authentication service written in PHP.

On 9 Apr 2011, at 23:22, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-04-09 at 22:07 +0100, Nathan wrote:
>> Andrei Sambra wrote:

>>> I don't see why. My server uses a valid SSL certificate, signed by a
>>> known CA.

I applied the latest patches for OSX, rebooted and I still get that problem. Safari is a bit
tricky with SSL.
I could not find anything about fcns in my keychain.

>> blind off the top reply:
>>
>> if you use startssl to issue free certs, safari doesn't have the trust
>> chain for it - iirc

This trust chain issue is a bit tricky. I think there was a post on it on the foaf-protocols
list a little while ago. And the order is important. If someone can find it please post here
and add to HOWTO on wiki.

> I'm afraid it's just a propagation error for now (dns cache maybe?). I
> am now using a server certificate issued by AlphaSSL, which is indeed
> trusted by most browsers. I hope it's just a temporary issue.

I don't think it is trusted by Firefox 4 by default. I had to add a security exception to it to
get it to work. With Opera I connected without problem.