Re: Unhosted.org Project and WebID

On 4/9/11 12:31 PM, Jeff Sayre wrote:
> I just discovered this very interesting new FLOSS project (about three
> months old) self-described as an "open web standard for decentralizing
> user data. On the unhosted web, data is stored per-user, under the user's
> control." They are in essence offering a solution that will decouple the
> application layer from the data storage layer with a goal of helping to
> usher in a truly federated Social Web.
>
> Their approach uses WebFinger, OAuth, WebDAV, and a few more protocols to
> bring this vision to fruition. As WebID fits squarely within their vision,
> we should liaise with this project, possibly inviting one of their team
> members to join our IG.
>
> You can learn more about Unhosted.org's vision
> here:http://www.unhosted.org/manifesto.html
>
> They also just published their Unhosted WebDAV Standard:
> http://unhosted.org/spec/dav/0.1/
>
> Perhaps this has been shared before, but I did not want to go through all
> the old messages to find out!
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

Yes, really relevant. I've made initial contact via Twitter and cc'd in
their mailing list.

Methinks great opportunity for fusion via WebID+Finger approach which I
already have working re. ODS, ditto WebID+FingerPoint .

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen