Re: WebIDauth - authentication service written in PHP.

On 9 Apr 2011, at 12:44, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to announce my latest project, WebIDauth, a PHP
> authentication service for WebID. It is very similar to Henry's
> foafssl.org service, since I wanted to maintain the same functionality
> in order to make it compatible to existing clients out there (seeAlso
> libAuthentication).
>
> You can fetch the code from the git repository at
> https://gitorious.org/webidauth or you can start using it directly at
> https://auth.fcns.eu/.

I get on OSX Safari 5.0.4 (6533.20.27)

"Safari can’t open the page “https://auth.fcns.eu/” because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “auth.fcns.eu”."

This is probably a problem with your ssl setup.

Chromium is able to connect and asks me for a certificate. When I enter http://bblfish.net/ in the service uri box I get redirected to

http://bblfish.net/?error=noVerifiedWebId...

Two things:

1. I think you should work on the same test suite I am working on first
  (see https://bblfish.net:8443/test/WebId )
   No webId service should be without this (as yet unfinished) test suite

2. I think foafssl.org should be somewhat different from what it is now, in particular it should  have a login landing page to show people what they are logging in under, and if possible allow them  logout. The problem with an immediate redirect is that people never see where they are logging into. As a result they may automatically be logged into all sites with the same id.