Re: Position Paper for W3C Workshop on Identity

On 4/5/11 10:04 AM, Jeff Sayre wrote:
>> On 4/5/11 3:10 AM, Jeff Sayre wrote:
>>> Here is the link for the Google Doc's Draft WebID Position Paper for W3C
>>> Workshop on Identity.
>>>
>> All,
>>
>> This resource should really be protected using WebID based ACLs. Got to
>> dogfood instinctively.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Kingsley Idehen
>> President&   CEO
>> OpenLink Software
>> Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>> Weblog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen
>> Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen
>
> That would be nice! However, at yesterday's meeting, we agreed that using
> Google Docs would be the best idea. Document history is kept so if
> anything deleterious happens, we can revert to an earlier version.
>
> The document can be protected, making it available to only select people
> to see and/or edit. This of course would make it a non-open document,
> which I think might go against the spirit of W3C working groups.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

Okay for this job bearing in mind pragmatic implications. Going forward
though, to be taken seriously, we have to show we use what we are asking
others to adopt. Otherwise, we are just like everyone else i.e., pushing
what we don't even use ourselves.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com