Re: WebID Paper and 3 Week focus

On 4 Apr 2011, at 20:59, Dominik Tomaszuk wrote:

> On 04.04.2011 19:49, Nathan wrote:
>> Today on the telecon, we decided to enter a position paper in to the
>> Identity in the Browser Workshop [1], focussed on WebID.
>
> For two weeks I have started write two papers with Henry Story. First about WebID, second about AuthN (WebID) and AuthZ (my proposal based on ontology). I think you could help us.

Dominik, I think it would be better to put the AuthZ proposal forward for the Berlin conference.
http://d-cent.org/fsw2011/

If you remember what Harry Halpin said at the teleconf previous to todays  [1], the browser people are still very skeptical of RDF. Mozilla got into it in 2000 - way too early - before it was ready, when too few people had knowledge on how to use it correctly. So talking to them about ontologies will be counterproductive. WebID does use the semweb, but we can talk about it in a way that it need not take center stage.

I'll look at your proposal in more detail this week. It would be worth comparing it to what Benjamin Heitman has been developing, and then work on some implementations.

Henry

[1] The one we link to from here
   http://www.w3.org/2011/04/04-webid-minutes.html