Re: Multiple certificates belonging to a WebID (or multiple IDs).

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:24:34 +0100
Cc: WebID XG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>

On 31 Mar 2011, at 12:54, Andrei Sambra wrote:

> First of all, a big Hello since this is my first post on the mailing
> list!
>
> After browsing through the specs for a while, I couldn't find any
> mention to whether it's possible or not to have multiple certificates
> associated to a WebID,

yes, you can. I have a different certificate with the different public keys and the
same webid in each of my browsers.

> or for this matter, how would they be processed
> by the authentication system.

Are you trying to send the certificates simultaneously? Or perhaps you are thinking of a chain
of certificates? What is you use case?

> Also, could user have multiple identities
> associated to a profile file (think of resources made available through
> ACLs)?

Yes, that's possible.
I am not sure what use it would be. It is likely that you could do what you are trying to do in a better way.