RE: XG W3pm Scope

From: <kendall@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:53:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Matthew West" <matthew.west@informationlogic.co.uk>
Cc: "'Evan Wallace'" <ewallace@cme.nist.gov>, "'David Leal'" <david.leal@caesarsystems.co.uk>, "'Bohms,H.M. (Michel)'" <michel.bohms@tno.nl>, public-xg-w3pm@w3.org

On Friday, May 30, 2008 11:40am, Matthew West <matthew.west@informationlogic.co.uk> said:

> Sorry guys, but I think this is putting the cart before the horse.

It's certainly not too early to declare one's interests in participating in this XG. That will actually make this process go faster, not slower. It certainly forecloses no possibilities.

> First I think we need to understand the area we are looking at. It may well exceed
> the limitations of any DL.

Of course it *may*, but one typically has choices and tradeoffs between modeling fidelity and computability. I've merely signalled my interests along that spectrum.

Cheers,
Kendall Clark