RE: URIs for quantities and units defined within ISO 80000 and ISO 1000

Dear All,

I have had a very helpful exchange of e-mails with Saruhashi Atsuko of ISO
about making contact with the Technical Committee responsible for standards
for quantities and units. The e-mails are attached below.

It would probably be useful to have a summary for why URIs for quantities
and units are valid, to explain our objectives to those who know nothing of
the Semantic Web. An initial attempt at a summary is attached. Comments
would be welcome.

Best regards,
David

David Leal