Re: Paper on Quantities in OWL

From: Bijan Parsia <bijan@clarkparsia.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 19:42:29 +0100
To: "David Leal" <david.leal@caesarsystems.co.uk>
Cc: public-xg-w3pm@w3.org

David,

I was thinking a bit more, and I was wondering if you happened to have
any pointers to quantity typing in computational systems beyond
dimensionality. My usual sources seem a bit dry on this, e.g.,:

  http://research.microsoft.com/~akenn/units/index.html
  http://research.microsoft.com/~akenn/units/intro.html

On page 3 of:
 http://research.microsoft.com/~akenn/units/ProgrammingLanguagesAndDimensions.pdf

He mentions the problem that dimensional consistency is not sufficient
for comparability. Grr. I don't have time to find today other places
where he talks about that right now :(

But I suppose he'd rely on the rest of the type system (but isn't ML's
structural?) for such additional subdivisions.

Cheers,
Bijan.