From: David Leal [mailto:david.leal@caesarsystems.co.uk]
Sent: Mon 2008-08-04 11:41
To: public-xg-w3pm@w3.org; David Price
Subject: RE: URIs for quantities and units defined within ISO 80000 and ISO 1000

Dear All,

The e-mail below did not elicit any responses. It would be good to have some
opinions.

We can then start to arrange some initial contacts between W3PM, ISO TC12,
and ISO TC184/SC4.

Best regards,
David

>Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:03:10 +0100
>To: public-xg-w3pm@w3.org
>From: David Leal <david.leal@caesarsystems.co.uk>
>Subject: RE: URIs for quantities and units defined within ISO 80000 and ISO
1000

>Dear All,
>
>I have had a very helpful exchange of e-mails with Saruhashi Atsuko of ISO
about making contact with the Technical Committee responsible for standards
for quantities and units. The e-mails are attached below.

>It would probably be useful to have a summary for why URIs for quantities
and units are valid, to explain our objectives to those who know nothing of
the Semantic Web. An initial attempt at a summary is attached. Comments
would be welcome.