ISSUE-15 (Mitch): What is the main idea behind stadardizing uncertainty representation?

From: Uncertainty Reasoning for the World Wide Web Incubator Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:47:02 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xg-urw3@w3.org

ISSUE-15 (Mitch): What is the main idea behind stadardizing uncertainty representation?

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/urw3/tracker/issues/

Raised by: Fernando Bobillo
On product:

 I think the main point related to uncertainty in general and to the standardization in particular is the following (my personal opinion):
   - Agents on the Web exchange information that in many cases is not perfect (uncertain)
   - Information about the uncertainty of information (meta-information?) could be conveyed by communicating agents
   - Receiving agents need to understand such meta-information in order to be able to interpret it in the same way as was intended by the sending agents.

I don't believe this message is quite present in Section 1.