Re: A quick note to say we have been thinking along similar lines ...

Dan,

Nice to hear from folks doing similar work.  The URW3 XG grew out of
the Uncertainty Reasoning for the Semantic Web (URSW) workshops that
were held in conjunction with the International Semantic Web
Conference (ISWC).  We decided to pursue the XG after the second
workshop and part of the 4th workshop will be devoted to reviewing our
results and discussing how to move the work forward.  The workshop Web
site is at http://c4i.gmu.edu/ursw/2008/ and the paper deadline has
recently been extended to August 4.  This might be a perfect forum for
presenting UncertML and looking for possibilities going forward.

Where can we find more about UncertML and the background on your work?

Ken

On Jul 27, 2008, at 6:57 PM, Cornford, D wrote:

> HI,
>
>  I came across the W3C Uncertainty Reasoning for the World Wide Web
> XG and I found it rather interesting. We are developing a standard
> UncertML, which we have proposed to the OGC for representing
> uncertainty - it currently focuses on probabilistic representations
> - an is about to be released in version 2.0 which has some quite
> significant design changes. It seems to provide many (but not all)
> of the features you suggest are needed in your final
> recommendations. What is the current state of play on this at your
> end?
>
> We'd be very interested in a dialogue to see if we can take things
> forward using UncertML more broadly - as well as the OGC (Open
> Geospatial Consortium) we are also talking to the SBML (Systems
> Biology ML) people.
>
> cheers
>
> Dan

> Dr Dan Cornford
> Senior Lecturer, Computer Science and NCRG
> Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET
>
> www: http://wiki.aston.ac.uk/DanCornford/
>
> tel: +44 (0)121 204 3451
> mob: 07766344953

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508