*** STILL *** CONFIRMING 31 OCTOBER AVAILABILITY: Upcoming daylight savings time changes

*** to minimize confusion, check http://www.timeanddate.com/
worldclock/fixedtime.html?
month=10&day=31&year=2007&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=0 to see what time
it will be at your location on 31 October. ***

I would like to hold the telecon on 31 October but I still haven't
identified the best window while the world decides to get their time
zones back in some semblance of order.

If you haven't gotten back to me or the above link gives you new
insight, please let me know your availability.

Cheers,

Ken

P.S. The analysis of the problem and suggestion for solving it
circulating on the Chairs list is

The tilt of the earth's axis is the source of all these problems. Let's
form an ARWG (Axis Re-alignment Working Group) and get it fixed once and
for all...

++++++

I will need to confirm our telecon reservation and then coordinate on
availability.

Please let the following:

- are you planning to attend the 31 October telecon?

- do you go off DST on October 28?  If yes, would you be available an
hour later (I hope I have that right) if we keep to 0930 Boston time?

- do you go off DST on November 4?  If yes, would you be available an
hour later if we delay to 1030 Boston time?

- does anyone live some place that does something different with DST?

When I get your feedback, I'll see what needs to be juggled.

Thanks,

Ken

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>
> Date: October 24, 2007 9:58:44 AM EDT
> To: Chairs@w3.org
> Subject: Heads-up: Upcoming daylight savings time changes
>
> Hello,
>
> To those with teleconferences, we will again have the pleasure of
> discrepancy between the US and European daylight saving time changes:
>
>   http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
>
> between October 28 (summertime ends in Europe) and
>         November 4 (DST ends in the US).
>
>   Ian
> --
> Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs/
> Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305     phone:  703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                        fax:        703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508