Re: [URW3 public] OWL extensions [was Re: [URW3] ... three questions based on the last telecon]

Hi Peter,

thanks for the response. But, my question rises many more
representation/reasoning issues, some cover issues of your previous
email. More generally, to do it automatically

1. the query has to be represented in some formal user local language
2. a user local system (agent?) should be able to identify a subset
of relevant resources (web services?) to which to submit the query
(this is called automated  resource selection in IR - Information
Retrieval)
3. Then, the local query has to be reformulated (using ontology
alignment mappings) for each identified resource and submitted
4. each resource provides back a ranked list, which then has to be
merged (this is called rank aggregation + data fusion in the literature)
5. (optional) the data has then to be translated back into the user's
local vocabulary (again, using ontology alignment mappings)

On Jul 25, 2007, at 7:22 PM, Peter Vojtáš wrote:

> Nice, I would prefer to first run a search for web pages of second
> hand car shops, then I would like to run an extractor (as I assume
> that these pages are human oriented (and even sometimes machine
> protected)). This all to be able to compare all retailer at
> Vancouver area (I assume these are many - at least in Czech we have
> many).
>      Another possibility of course is that some shops run as web
> service - this is another story.
> I am used to model such requests by my f-EL@ fuzzy logic (see short
> comment in URSW2006),

I know and that's an option, but see also the DLMedia system ....
http://gaia.isti.cnr.it/~straccia/software/DLMedia/DLMedia.html