RE: [URW3 public] OWL extensions [was Re: [URW3] ... three questions based on the last telecon]

Ken,

Are you talking about extensions to the ontology that we're using
internally for use case annotation, i.e.,
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/urw3/wiki/UncertaintyOntology?action=At
tachFile&do=get&target=Uncertainty.owl?

If so, I think we should all be given a deadline to approve this as the
"final rough draft" version before we impose such a high threshold on
adding extensions.

Giorgos, I'm a bit puzzled by your response to the proposed extension,
but possibly because I misunderstand what is being proposed or the
intended usage of the ontology.  We weren't suggesting that the ontology
we're using for use case annotation be proposed as an OWL extension for
w3c approval and universal usage, were we?   If not, I don't think we
need to worry too much about whether or not extant tool sets can process
it or whether it will meet with universal approbation, do we?

(That aside, in the end, I think it's counterproductive for us to
constrain ourselves with an eye to what will fit easily within the
current OWL standards.  We should at least allow ourselves the room to
draw the conclusion that it's entirely inadequate if that's what the
evidence and analysis suggests.)

Best regards,

Mike