Re: Minutes Meeting 21 September

HI,

On 21 Sep 2010, at 17:35, <Laurent.Lefort@csiro.au> <Laurent.Lefort@csiro.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The minutes from today's meeting are online:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/09/21-ssn-minutes.html
>
> In summary:
> - we had another good discussion on follow-up activities
> - we (Andriy and I) need your have feedback on his documentation pages (see question below)
> - And I'm making some rapid progress on the Agriculture Meteorology example (I have posted a "Climate and Forecast" (CF) ontology with lots of properties and a some key features (medium, Surface and Layer) and a Meteorological Sensors types ontology (derived from WMO resources)
>
> DISCUSSION ON FOLLOW UP ACTIVITIES
>
> I will try to refine the options further at the 2nd meeting this week with the participants who were not here today, possibly via a questionnaire to get more munitions to present our conclusions to W3C.
>
> Thanks to Alex for his email and remarks during the meeting:  two main ideas
> - it is important to have a member submission because this means our work is ready to be used in follow-up work by group working on standards (example: XSPARQL submission possible reuse im future work on SPARQL)

I actually mentioned SPARQL/Update (member submission) => SPARQL 1.1 Update (in the WG).

> - there is a manageable risk of confusion because users may opt to the version of the submission rather than later updates

Indeed, a disclaimer may be needed in that case, linking to an evolving version of the ontology.
But I guess that's the same issue for other W3C notes, RECs, etc. Once it's online, the process to change things can be quite complex.
Maybe we should involve some W3C people in the discussion to get some more insight on the pros / cons of each steps ? (and see if they're appropriate or not)

Best,

Alex.

--
Dr. Alexandre Passant