W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-ssn@w3.org > July 2010

Question about the deployments, systems and devices model

From: A.Nikolov <a.nikolov@open.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:23:26 +0100
To: "public-xg-ssn@w3.org" <public-xg-ssn@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2915005DADAFCB4899898B66C031AE9F3994E8B5A3@SALCEYCMS1.open.ac.uk>
Hello,

Just a question about the deployment model (sorry, if not relevant): currently on the wiki page 
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Deployments,_Systems_and_Devices there is a property onPlatform with the domain System. On the other hand, there is a property hasDeployment linking an instance of System to an instance of Deployment process. Shouldn't there be a direct link between Deployment and Platform? 

Best regards,
Andriy

-----Original Message-----
From: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Laurent.Lefort@csiro.au
Sent: 19 July 2010 14:58
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Subject: SSN-XG Meeting Reminder (20 July)

Hi,

This is a reminder that we'll be having our next telephone conference tomorrow. 

Proposed agenda: 

1. Tracking of progress towards the XG deliverables (Laurent)

- ongoing activities to release the ontology in its delivery format: PURLs, location of the ontology, annotations and generated documentations, examples
- tracking of progress (and of who is working on what): see the "products" dashboard in the tracker http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/products 

2. Foundational layer (Krzysztof, if he can be present or Laurent for a heads up summary) 

Continuation (closure?) of the discussions on the topic of "Aligning the SSN ontology with an upper ontology e.g. DOLCE". 

See also the background material on the wiki: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Foundational_layer
And ACTION-13 Foundational layer (inclusion of DOLCE alignment in Ontology) http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/actions/13 

3. Using PURLs for our ontology (Laurent)

ACTION-33 Investigate the use of PURL urls for the SSN ontology
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/actions/33

Please share your experience at the mailing list or at the teleconfs if you have used PURls for ontologies (versioning, changing the location on the PURL server)

4. ACTION-39 Modelling discussion for Deployments Systems Devices (Michael)
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/track/actions/39 

To discuss what needs to be done to complete this sub-part of the ontology. 


If you have anything you'd like to contribute on any of these topics, please prepare something before the meeting (post to the list or wiki page or even through the IRC) to accelerate the discussion.

If you are normally using the UK phone number or the French phone number, please note that the EU Zakim bridge has now been fixed. 

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200 (Boston), conference 7769 ("SSNX")
+33.4.26.46.79.03	(Paris) - new
+44.203.318.0479	(London) - new

Tuesdays 13:00-14:00 UTC (9:00am-10:00am Boston local)

Your time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=07&day=20&year=2010&hour=13&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

20 participants

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Cheers,

Laurent



-- 
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).
Received on Tuesday, 20 July 2010 13:12:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:03:16 UTC