Re: operating and survival conditions

All,

UCUM in OWL: http://marinemetadata.org/ucum  Was a conversion via an
XSLT from UCUM to OWl back in 2006.

We needed to define the rdf:ID as a combination of name and code to
guarantee uniqueness. We did preserve all the property values related
to a unit form the original XML.

<unit rdf:ID="hand_hd_i">
      <name>hand</name>
      <Code>[hd_i]</Code>
      <CODE>[HD_I]</CODE>
      <printSymbol>hd</printSymbol>
      <isMetric>no</isMetric>
      <class>intcust</class>
      <printSymbol>hd</printSymbol>
      <property>height of horses</property>
      <value_value>4</value_value>
      <value>4</value>
      <value_Unit>[in_i]</value_Unit>
      <value_UNIT>[IN_I]</value_UNIT>
   </unit>

Other projects publishing units are as follows:
http://marinemetadata.org/search/node/units

Finally I know there as a work going on at CIM3 lead by Frank Olken.
But searching, the only resource I found was this presentation
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2009/OntologySummit2009_Symposium_20090406-07/units-ontology-talk-v01--FrankOlken_20090406.pdf

-Luis

--

Luis Bermudez Ph.D.