Re: another relevant bit of ontology

I would argue that DL inferencing is not the only or even primary way to
exploit semantics. We have had lits of debate in the community
and we generally agree that SW's benefits not only machine processing
but also, human understandability and use a of data. RDF processing is
perfectly
adequate ways to exploit semantics by exploiting relationships
as first class objects.
Semantic annotations can improve search, for example,
or integration, without using inferencing.
Some ideas are in this paper:
http://knoesis.wright.edu/library/resource.php?id=00050

Amit
http://knoesis.org/amit