RE: another relevant bit of ontology

Dear All,

This is a quite interesting use case, but it's focused more on the sensor data than in the sensor network itself, so in our opinion it fits only partially in the scope of the group (as the group discussed in one of the teleconferences).

We think that the most interesting point is the use of ontology reasoning (in this case using rules) because it goes further than the use cases based on syntactic queries.

In our opinion we shouldn't be able to solve use cases using only syntactic queries, because that would mean that those use cases could be solved using other non-semantic technologies.

We think that the use cases should show the advantages of using semantic technologies, so some kind of reasoning or inference should be necessary in order to solve them (as it is done in the paper sent by John). Perhaps this could be a good point to discuss within the use case work package.

Regards,

Víctor M. Peláez

Fundación CTIC

Departamento de I+D+i

victor.pelaez@fundacionctic.org

Tfno: +34 984 29 12 12

Fax: +34 984 39 06 12

Parque Científico Tecnológico Gijón - Asturias - Spain

www.fundacionctic.org