Proposed initial version of the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology

From: <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:42:13 +1100
To: <public-xg-ssn@w3.org>
Dear colleagues,

I am happy to advise you that I have just published a proposed initial version of the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology on the W3C Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Wiki, edited by Michael Compton and myself, open for discussion:

We are currently in the stage of encoding some examples to ensure that the ontology actually enables the description of sensors. So far, it looks promising.

Comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Holger Neuhaus

Dr. Holger Neuhaus

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow - CSIRO Tasmanian ICT Centre

The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian Department of Economic Development and Tourism.

GPO Box 1538 Hobart TAS 7001

Castray Esplanade Hobart TAS 7000

T: +61 3 6232 5547, F: +61 3 6232 5000

Innovative ICT transforming Australian industries