W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-ssn@w3.org > July 2009

Re: Meeting tomorrow

From: John Graybeal <graybeal@mbari.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:13:27 -0700
Cc: <public-xg-ssn@w3.org>
Message-Id: <AE1F4296-C8AF-48CE-91FD-7192A180ED9F@mbari.org>
To: <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au> <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au>
It is worth noting that the Ontolog community is diving in on a major  
unit of measure ontology effort.  I think it should be done in another  
decade or so... :->  But meanwhile, they are accumulating a healthy  
set of resources that may prove useful.

John


On Jul 13, 2009, at 10:18 PM, <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au> <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au 
 > wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>
>
> Unfortunately, the guys from the SWING project won’t be available  
> tomorrow. I meant to have this as a kick-off for the collaborative  
> development of our deliverable
>
>
>
> (b) the extension of the Sensor Markup Language (SML), one of the  
> four SWE languages, to support semantic annotations.
>
>
>
> We will probably have that presentation next week, so for this  
> week’s meeting, I propose the following agenda:
>
>
>
> 1) As we had it as an action for everyone look at semantic markup  
> page, feel free to comment and contribute [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action05 
> ], we could discuss the progress there: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Mark_up 
>  (and this way be prepared for next week’s presentation).
>
> 2) Following up on the action for everyone to review report once  
> uploaded [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action03 
> ], we can discuss that and, thus, follow the agreed process of http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Semantic_Sensor_Net_Ontology_Process 
> :
>
>
>
> With a core diagram and a long list of potential classes/properties  
> (hopefully grouped),
>
> It is then possible to allocate resources to different pieces of the  
> work.
> Those resources can do more investigation around their areas, to  
> identify existing ontologies that apply.
> and discuss the currently missing potential classes/properties like
>
> Unit of Measurement
> Observation & Measurement
> etc.
>
>
> So, everyone please have a look at those two things in order for us  
> to progress in these two objectives of the group. Please feel free  
> to provide your feedback on this mail to the mailing list.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Holger
>
>
>
> Dr. Holger Neuhaus
> Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
> Tasmanian ICT Centre
> CSIRO
> Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
> holger.neuhaus@csiro.au | www.csiro.au | www.csiro.au/science/TasICTCentre.html
> Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
>
> The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian  
> Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The  
> Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian  
> Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
>
> PLEASE NOTE
> The information contained in this email may be confidential or  
> privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you  
> have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and  
> notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent  
> permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee  
> that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that  
> the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or  
> interference.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
> From: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org 
> ] On Behalf Of Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au
> Sent: Tuesday, 14 July 2009 10:41 AM
> To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
> Subject: [ExternalEmail] SSN-XG Meeting Reminder 15-July-2009
>
>
>
> Hi all,
>
>
>
> Our regular weekly telephone conference (‘week a’) will be tomorrow:
>
>
>
> Wednesday 20:00-21:00 UTC (4:00pm-5:00pm Boston local)
>
> Your time:
>
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=07&day=15&year=2009&hour=20&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
>
>
> Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7769 ("SSNX")
> 15 participants
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> [NEW] ACTION: ask Luis to organize room (Cory) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action01 
> ]
> [NEW] ACTION: Michael send link to mailing list to uploaded report  
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
> [NEW] ACTION: everyone to review report once uploaded [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action03 
> ]
> [NEW] ACTION: Krzysztof to ask SWING people if they can present next  
> meeting [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action04 
> ]
>
> [NEW] ACTION: everyone look at semantic markup page, feel free to  
> comment and contribute [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/07/07-ssn-minutes.html#action05 
> ]
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-ssn/2009Jul/0011.html
>
>
>
> Looking forward to “seeing” you there.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Holger
>
>
>
> Dr. Holger Neuhaus
> Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
> Tasmanian ICT Centre
> CSIRO
> Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
> holger.neuhaus@csiro.au | www.csiro.au | www.csiro.au/science/TasICTCentre.html
> Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
>
> The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian  
> Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The  
> Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian  
> Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
>
> PLEASE NOTE
> The information contained in this email may be confidential or  
> privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you  
> have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and  
> notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent  
> permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee  
> that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that  
> the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or  
> interference.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>
>


John

--------------
John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@mbari.org>  -- 831-775-1956
Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
Received on Tuesday, 14 July 2009 15:14:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 14 July 2009 15:14:26 GMT