Re: ISSUE-3 (Modules for sensor, data and process): Ontology modules aligned with use cases [sensor ontology - http://mmisw.org/orr/#http://www.w3.org/2009/SSN-XG/Ontologies/SensorBasis.owl - 09.12.15 ]

From: John Graybeal <jbgraybeal@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:32:44 -0800
To: Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group WG <public-xg-ssn@w3.org>
The Issue database didn't seem to have a way to add comments, so I'll
just make a brief note via the mail.  I don't know that this follows.
I think device discovery, data discovery, and provenance can easily
cut across any and all aspects of a sensor, and therefore can easily
exercise all aspects of the ontology. _Structuring_ the ontology to
match the use case seems an unusual step from that standpoint.  It
should be able to validate the use case, but that doesn't require a
mirrored structure, does it?

John