W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-ssn@w3.org > August 2009

Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 12-August-2009

From: John Graybeal <graybeal@mbari.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:12:47 -0700
Message-Id: <8E3E1B64-D2CC-42B1-9447-7E4B093E698E@mbari.org>
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
In regards to the last 2 action items:  I have created a page at

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Favorite_Use_Cases_List

to list the use cases that we think are important.  You will see  
instructions at the top of the list on how to edit this page,  
hopefully it's all self-explanatory.

If that's just too much work, you can email me your 1-line use case  
description, and I will update the page accordingly.

Wherever possible, it will help to reference source material for the  
use case, to provide more in-depth material. I have gone through all  
the material cited on the use cases page and pulled every use case  
that I could derive from those materials. (I omitted or refined some  
MMI use cases that I thought were unhelpful.)

Although I thought at first everyone should get one vote, that may be  
too rigid.  Since we can see who has voted, we can let this resolve  
itself organically. Everyone knows we have time constraints, so voting  
for 5 or 10 use cases is probably not sensible.  (Holger, feel free to  
set an arbitrary rule about how many votes and how they can be  
allocated.)

Hope this helps.

John




On Aug 12, 2009, at 3:33 PM, <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au> <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au 
 > wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for attending the telephone conference and for the good  
> discussion.
>
> The draft minutes are available at:  http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-ssn-minutes.html
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> [NEW] ACTION: Holger to edit wiki to reflect scribe list [recorded  
> in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
> [NEW] ACTION: Holger will follow up with Simon re use cases  
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
> [NEW] ACTION: All to send desired ontology capabilities to the  
> mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-ssn-minutes.html#action03 
> ]
> [NEW] ACTION: JohnGraybeal will create a page on the wiki with brief  
> description of use cases (what the ontology should be used for),  
> send here rather than the mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-ssn-minutes.html#action04 
> ]
>
>
>
> The XGs Wiki page is accessible at: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Main_Page
>
> Please let me invite you to use this forum for discussions on the  
> development of the Semantic Markup and the Ontology.
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Holger
>
>
>
> Dr. Holger Neuhaus
> Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
> Tasmanian ICT Centre
> CSIRO
>
> Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
> holger.neuhaus@csiro.au | www.csiro.au | Semantic Sensor Networks
>
> Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
>
> The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian  
> Government through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The  
> Intelligent Island Program is administered by the Tasmanian  
> Department of Economic Development, Tourism and the Arts.
>
> PLEASE NOTE
> The information contained in this email may be confidential or  
> privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you  
> have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and  
> notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent  
> permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee  
> that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that  
> the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or  
> interference.
>
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.
>
>
>


--------------
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
--------------
John Graybeal   <mailto:jbgraybeal@mindspring.com>
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org
Received on Wednesday, 12 August 2009 23:13:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 12 August 2009 23:13:50 GMT