purpose/goals for observations ontologies

From: John Graybeal <graybeal@mbari.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 08:36:35 -0600
To: public-xg-ssn@w3.org

 From past minutes and today's telecon, I could not tell if the group
had a particular goal for reviewing and including observations
ontologies in the discussion. (I can see everyone thought it was a
good idea, but not what purpose they thought this would serve.)

Can someone clarify how we want to use any observation ontology that
might be identified or created?  For example, do we know we need an
ontology, or will it be enough just to have a list of phenomena?

John

John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@marinemetadata.org>