Re: Proposal: Timings for regular meetings

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 21:34 +0300, hornsby wrote:
> just a quick addition, Finland is period (a) EET = 23:00 - 01:00
> that's indeed pushing the "reasonable" boundaries :)

Sorry Adrian, I overlooked EET!

I tried to apply "least unreasonable" local hours of 06:00-24:00 to each
timezone. Had I included EET the periods should have been:

Period (a)
UTC 20:00 - 21:00
= 06:00 - 07:00 +1 day, Western Australia
= 23:00 - 24:00, Eastern Europe
= 22:00 - 23:00, Central Europe
= 21:00 - 22:00, UK and Ireland
= 16:00 - 17:00, Eastern US

Period (b)
UTC 10:00 - 14:00
= 20:00 - 24:00, Western Australia
= 13:00 - 17:00, Eastern Europe
= 12:00 - 16:00, Central Europe
= 11:00 - 15:00, UK and Ireland
= 06:00 - 10:00, Eastern US

Which unfortunately is a shift for the worse in Australia.

Other than this amendment the proposal stands.

Regards,

Kevin

P.S. Of course I say this sitting in the UK, where we have an unfair
historical advantage meaning we're rarely at the extremes of any
timezone clash... sorry...

Regards,

kev

--