De: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] En nombre de Amit Parashar
Enviado el: miércoles, 01 de abril de 2009 19:28
Para: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Asunto: Re: Meeting time for first meeting SSN XG

Dear Participants,

I would like us all to be able to meet for the first meeting at least
during the late time slot.  I know the timings are awkward for some of
us more than others.  There are some other solutions available
including:
1. having two meetings a week - accommodating for different time zones
and then have the requirement for coordination between the two
2. having a much later meeting for Australia/Asia - 12 midnight, which
generally gives a reasonable time slot for EU/US participants.
3. we can also have a rolling action item to discuss the date of the
next meeting at the each meeting, therefore those who are going to
come can decide.

There are a number of options we could pursue, and we can discuss this
at the meeting.

With respect to the meeting, I think this week's time slot's are not
getting full attendance, I suggest that we pick a day next week with
the options being:
1. 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th of April at either 14:00 GMT, 15:00 GMT (12
midnight / 1 AM Australia time)
2. 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th of April at either 8:00 AM GMT, 9:00 AM GMT -
This would be a reasonable hour for everyone possibly including the US
as it would be 5 AM/ 6AM East Coast time.

My preference is for the GMT AM time slots, however our partners are
Wright State will have log on a little earlier that morning :)  To
check the time in your city, please click on the following URL and
modify the dates.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?year=2009&month=4&day=7&p1=31&p2=43&p3=57&p4=235

The 10th is Easter (Good Friday) and a public holiday in many
countries including Australia.

  Regards,

Amit

On 01/04/2009, at 6:47 PM, Kevin R. Page wrote:

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 22:07 +0200, Victor Manuel Pelaez Martinez wrote:
> For the rest of the meetings I would prefer the morning options that
> were presented last week because it would be difficult for me to
> connect at 20:00 GMT (22:00 CEST it's a little bit late for me).

As far as a regular meeting slot goes, obviously office hours local time
would be ideal. Going earlier, 07:30 local (06:30 GMT) onwards on
weekdays is fine, but I suspect this won't work for our colleagues in
the US.

Weekdays are fine finishing up to 19:00 local (18:00 GMT), except
Thursdays 17:00 GMT latest.

If it has to be later in the evenings, some variation would help.
Fridays evenings are regularly susceptible to weekend travel, Thursdays
are out except in August and September. Tuesdays would be best in July
through September. Apart from that no evening is ideal if it's going to
be the same one for a year; I can prioritise the telecons with warning
(>1 week), but variation would mitigate the inevitable clashes!

Regards,

Kevin

--
Kevin R. Page