Re: Agenda for Social Web XG Meeting Sept 15th: Aza Raskin on Privacy Icons and final report wrap-up

On 14 Sep 2010, at 14:11, Harry Halpin wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>> Hi, there are a few issues on the document we need to be discusses.
>> I have a few issues on the quality of the graphics for example.
>
> I'm no good at graphics. If someone can make them better, then go for
> it and we can discuss that tomorrow. Would love to work with someone
> on that.

I put some comments up on the Final Report on suggestions for graphics.
I'd like at least a feeling that there is rough consensus that the suggested
graphical notation is better before moving on.

Henry

> [...]
>>
>>> Everyone,
>>>
>>>   Tomorrow's meeting will have Aza Raskin on Mozilla's work with
>>> privacy icons that we've discussed some in the past. This work seeks
>>> to do for user privacy what Creative Commons Icons did and is a
>>> promising approach that we think other browsers and social sites may
>>> be interested in, and a crucial continuation of the "identity in the
>>> browser" and "browser as a social agent" discussion.
>>>
>>> Also, we're officially freezing the final report after the telecon
>>> tomorrow for a week - so all actions must be done or forever hold
>>> their piece. I'll finish up some of mine during the conversion from
>>> wiki to HTML.
>>>
>>> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
>>>
>>> SWXG WG Weekly
>>>
>>>    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2010-09-01T14:30-17:00GMT (See
>>>       your [3]local time, i.e. 16:00 London, 11:00 Boston)
>>>          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
>>>            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
>>>            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
>>>            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
>>>               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
>>>                 6665
>>>          + chair: hhalpin
>>>          + scribe: paul
>>>          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
>>>          + PROPOSED: to approve minutes from [10]Sept 1st meeting.
>>>          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. Sept 22nd (Infocards and
>>>            Higgins Project).
>>>    2. Final Report Action Apocalypse Final report wiki will be frozen
>>>       and worked into draft HTML document over next week after this
>>>       telecon by Harry. All incompleted actions will be terminated.
>>>       Then the following week, we will send report out to invited
>>>       speakers and then wider community for feedback.
>>>          + ACTION [DONE]: Mischa to put up wiki page about social
>>>            networks deploying these technologies. (i.e. reference the
>>>            one from GNU Social?)
>>>          + ACTION:DKA to shorten too long use-cases and see if he can
>>>            reference in SWAT test cases.
>>>          + ACTION: For diaspora to talk about being included in final
>>>            report (interoperable code-basess agreed to SWAT tests?).
>>>          + ACTION [DONE]: bblfish and mischa to write a new
>>>            introductory paragraph with definition of social web and
>>>            case for open-source/business use of standards.
>>>          + ACTION: MacTed to add to intro a "user story" of why
>>>            current approaches don't work.
>>>          + ACTION [DONE]: hhalpin to set up HTML5/Interaction domain
>>>            telecon before Sept.
>>>          + ACTION [DONE]: bblfish (and paul maybe?) flesh out and
>>>            draft identity section.
>>>          + ACTION: hhalpin and melvster to review activity standards
>>>          + ACTION [DONE]: venezia to do mobile paragraph
>>>          + ACTION: hhalpin to work on strategy document
>>>    3. Aza Raskin on Privacy Icons Discussion with [11]Aza Raskin
>>>       (Mozilla) to discuss [12]Privay Icons. Please read his
>>>       [13]position paper for the W3C workshop on privacy. How can this
>>>       work fit in with user preferences around "identity in the

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/