Screencast: Using a WebID on the emerging Social Web

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 22:48:36 +0100
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Hi all,

I published a short screen cast today that shows how to create a WebId in one click & how to use it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZPJBpI2Po

A WebId allows one to log into other sites without having to enter either username or passwords. It also enables one to share information with the site logged into, so that one no longer needs to copy information into forms again. One can thereby create completely distributed and decentralised social networks: the Social Web.

I put this together as I found that it is so simple, that people just miss´╗┐ what it is that they need to do. This video should help guide intuitions. Up to others then to make both better even more intuitive implementations and videos. We show examples using Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome (there was not enough time for the others)

Hope this helps,

   Feedback welcome,

	Henry Story

Social Web Architect