Re: [foaf-dev] A Flock of Twitters: Decentralized Semantic Microblogging

Story Henry wrote:
> Jeff Sayre has a really interesting article here that covers the topics
> of decentralised social networks and microblogging.
>
> http://jeffsayre.com/2010/02/24/a-flock-of-twitters-decentralized-semantic-microblogging/
>
> Now we need to find a way to make a video of this, and reduce it down to 5 minutes.
>
> 	Henry
>
> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/

Henry,

We also need to finalize an online interaction that encourages people to
attain webids. Twitter is a major vector space for such a pattern, we
just need to iron out what the teaser would be. For instance, it could
be something that everyone would like to see, but the only they can see
it is if they have verifiable identity etc..

So rather than the typical: Come join Yet Another Social Network (YASN),
it would be closer to the Cheese Club pattern or shared Pictures
project.  Another pattern, which worked, but for some reason vanished
was the GGG post by TimBL where the comments section required you to
have verifiable identity (this was before FOAF+SSL time). I think a GGG
post update or something similar would certainly act as vector for webid
generation etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen