Re: Agenda for Social Web XG Meeting Wed. Feb 10rd 16:00-17:00Z: Berners-Lee on Distributed Social Networking

On 28 February 2010 15:46, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org> wrote:

> I'm announcing this now, just so people know ahead of time - we've got
> Tim Berners-Lee on the call for our next meeting to talk about the
> "big vision" of distributed and privacy-enhanced social networks. So
> mark your calendars!
>
> HTML: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/weekly-agenda.html
>

> SWXG WG Weekly
>
>    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2010-03-03T16:00-17:00GMT (See
>       your [3]local time)
>          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
>            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
>            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
>            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
>               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
>                 6665
>          + chair: hhalpin
>          + scribe: jsalvachua
>          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
>          + PROPOSED: to approve [10]SWXG WG Weekly -- 24 February 2010
>            as a true record
>          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. March 10th: Social APIs and
>            Mobile Widgets: Thomas Roessler on DAP, Scott Wilson on
>            OpenSocial Shindig, and Robin Berjon and Marcos Carecas on
>            W3C Widgets.
>    2. Action Reminders
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to take on corporate story (5
>            weeks)
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: tanglade to take on developer narrative
>            and user stories with mischat (5 weeks)
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: (9 weeks) Mischa to describe/implement
>            a report of terms and conditions, and how they change
>            between now and the end of the XG.
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: (9 weeks) mtuffied to put up wiki page
>            about social networks deploying these technologies.
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: (9 weeks) mtiffiel to invite BBC Persia
>            people to talk about their use of social media
>          + [CONTINUES] ACTION: (4 weeks) danbri and DKA to blog or
>            wikize something on co-ordination in the social web
>    3. Final Report Update
>          + ACTION:Anita to draft XMPP and mobile notes and put them on
>            wiki
>          + ACTION:danbri to inquire about BradFitzpatrick and Social
>            Graph API
>          + ACTION:DKA to discuss liasoning after AC meeting
>          + ACTION:hhalpin to get you data on OpenSocial from Kevin
>            Marks, DAP Contact API work from Thomas Roessler
>          + ACTION:hhalpin to make WBS survey on ranking future topics
>            to be continued afterwards
>          + [DONE] ACTION:mcarvalh to look at Contact API and put those
>            in Google Doc
>          + ACTION:mcarvalh to write up F2F notes plus whatever
>            face-to-face stuff TimBl might say
>    4. Invited Speaker: Tim Berners-Lee on Open Distributed Social
>       Networking
>          + [11]Tim Berners-Lee, Director of the W3C, is going to speak
>            on the relationship of distributed and privacy-enhanced
>            open social networks to Linked Data and the Cloud,
>            including reference to work he's been doing at MIT with
>            Oshani Seneviratne and others.

Thanks for a great talk.  For those that missed it the slides are here:

http://www.w3.org/2010/Talks/0303-socialcloud-tbl/ ( or in note form here:
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CloudStorage.html -- not yet complete )

For those interested in a it more background on the work going on at MIT, I
think this is probably a good paper to read, which includes the apache mods
mentioned today, and also a front end to work with access control:

http://dig.csail.mit.edu/2009/Papers/ISWC/rdf-access-control/paper.pdf

Thanks again for a great session!

Harry:  I've taken some notes so please let me know if you'd like me to put
together a more verbose summary.